Operations Officer Wayne Rigg (Riggzy)
- Joined CFA as a fulltime fire fighter in 1995.
- Trained in Aerial Fire Fighting in 2005. Has undertaken the following roles:-
- Air Observer
- Air Attack Supervisor
- Air Operations Manager
- Regional Aircraft Resource Coordinator
- State Aircraft Coordinator
- Previous 5 years has been the CFA Aviation Officer advancing the State Aviation Capability in Victoria.
- Has deployed in aircraft roles to fires across Australia and 3 deployments to Canada (British Columbia).
- Previous 12 months on secondment with Emergency Management Victoria (EMV) working on Aviation Capability & Innovation.
- Operational Lead for the Night Ops Trial based out of Ballarat, Victoria.
- Was the nominated CASA Authorised Officer for Coulson and Kestrel for the night fire-bombing trials.
- Secondment has been extended a further 2 years with EMV and is responsible for implementing the night operations program in Victoria.
Thanks for your support and the rest of Tangent Link at the event. As a sponsor we felt valued and believed we made a valuable contribution to the conference delegates. The demonstration was a great way to show exhibitor’s products as well as giving a more comprehensive understanding of new concepts and systems. Well done team.
The networking opportunities were fantastic, well worth delegates and trade exhibitors. Static and Dynamic demonstrations were well organised and a highlight of the conference.
The conference went absolutely very well for us, it was interesting and useful. We enjoyed every moment, both of professional networking and the excellent atmosphere of communication between colleagues, the people who speak in the same ‘firefighting’ language. Your team is incredible.”
Once again the Tangent Link Team put on a premier event, offering fantastic information presentation and unparalleled networking opportunities for aerial firefighting.
One of the best industry specific events I have attended with key decision making persons in attendance.